By applying for a permit, you consent to us using your personal data for the following purposes:-
- To confirm that you are eligible for and to issue your vehicle with a parking permit
- To allow Civil Enforcement Officers to check that your vehicle has a valid parking permit to avoid a Penalty Charge Notice being issued
- To share information with relevant authorities to detect and prevent fraud
This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. For more details please go to https://www.portsmouth.gov.uk and search National Fraud Initiative.
Residents parking permits are now virtual so you will not be sent a paper permit.
To check that you qualify and to register your vehicle, we need to see the following documents:
- Proof of your address within zone - a council tax bill, tenancy agreement or solicitor’s letter confirming purchase, driving licence or utility bill dated within last three months.
- Vehicle registration documents (V5) - Page 2. The vehicle registration document must be in your name at the permit address.
- Third permits will only be issued where space allows.
- For Frequently Asked Questions please go to www.portsmouth.gov.uk and search for "Resident Parking Permits"